Information for international students at SIU during the COVID-19 pandemic may be found on our COVID-19 International Student Updates webpage. This page will continue to be updated to provide new information and guidance as the situation remains fluid.
In response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, SIUC has made two important changes to our application procedures.
- SIU will now accept undergraduate application materials via email for admission purposes. You will receive rapid admission decisions by emailing your transcripts, passport, and English proficiency test scores to our admissions office at both of the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Please note that issuance of immigration documents (such as your Form I-20) may be delayed until we receive your financial statement. Please direct any questions to Michael Deponai at 618-453-7663 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For international students affected by testing center closures, SIUC has approved the use of the Duolingo English Test for demonstrating English proficiency. A minimum score of 95 (undergraduate) or 105 (graduate) on a Duolingo English test taken between January 1 and August 17, 2020 will fulfill English proficiency requirements for most programs. Visit english https://englishtest.duolingo.com/applicants for more information.
The Center for International Education is responsible for promoting and coordinating international initiatives at Southern Illinois University Carbondale. We celebrate the global community, encouraging awareness, interaction
The Center for International Education strives to:
- Recruit, admit, enroll and retain students from every nation.
- Educate international students regarding immigration policies and University procedures and facilitate their campus assimilation.
- Inform students of the myriad of study abroad opportunities worldwide.
- Encourage faculty, staff and student exchange through the development of global academic partnerships.
- Coordinate campus initiatives that support the academic mission of the University by providing leadership that enhances our international dimension.
In doing so, the Center for International Education transforms lives and brings the world to Southern Illinois.
This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant students.
SIU Centers in China
SIU has 3 partner Universities in China. See here for more information about transfer credits and tuition costs.
All New Students
Orientation information for new students - visit admitted students. You'll find information about getting to SIU, housing, orientation, and more!
Want to study abroad? Why not!
Choose from the many options the Study Abroad Program offers.