COVID19 International Student Updates
Hello Global Salukis,
The Office of International Students & Scholars (ISS) is working to provide up-to-date information to all international students as it becomes available. We understand that there are many concerns during this time and we are working to secure answers for each of your queries. Please continue to reach out to us by email at email@example.com.
Below you will find a compilation of frequently asked questions (FAQs). Please continue to review for updated information.
International Students & Scholars Staff
- What is the best way to contact the ISS office?
- How do I find resources and forms? How should I submit any requests to the ISS office?
- How do I obtain a signature for re-entry into the US on my I-20 or DS-2019?
- Can I take only online courses while in the US?
- What is my visa status while taking online classes?
- Can I leave Carbondale while I am enrolled in online courses?
- Do pass/fail or satisfactory/unsatisfactory grading policies impact my visa status?
- Can a student drop an online course due to dissatisfaction of the course not providing the same level of instruction?
- What if my passport is/will expire and I am still in the U.S.? What if I am unable to renew it prior to expiration?
- My visa is expired but I want to go home and come back later. Can I do this?
- How should I apply for OPT?
- I have been approved for OPT but have been unable to find a job and have used all of my unemployment. What can I do now?
- I have departed the US and will not return for at least five months. Will my visa be canceled?
- I have graduated and will not be able to depart the U.S. before the end of my grace period. How should I proceed?
- Will the fall 2020 semester be conducted by online delivery as well?
- Can electronic Forms I-20s be signed and sent to students instead of physically mailing the forms?