1) Choose from our more than 200 undergraduate programs (Majors) in eight different colleges.
2) Determine if you meet our minimum requirements to a Bachelor's (undergraduate) program for:
- freshmen - fewer than 26 college credits
- transfer - more than 26 college credits
- Not Sure if you meet our minimum requirements? International students are considered for admission based on a hollistic review of their former academic work, English proficiency, and evidence of adequate financial resources.
3) Submit an application and $40 fee on-line along with:
- Transcripts from high school and/or college
- English Proficiency:
- click here to see the methods of demonstrating English proficiency
- Conditional admission if you do not receive admission based on English proficiency
- A financial statement - showing a minimum of $40,000 within the last 6 months
- No deadline for Applications
- No SAT or ACT is required for admission, unless you want to apply for a merit scholarship award (minimum score required)
4) Receive an email from admissions officer with further details about which documents to send
5) Submit the documents requested
6) Once applicant is admitted, he/she will receive an email with instructions for having the I20 immigration document shipped
7) After the I20 is received students may apply for a visa interview
8) After the visa is granted students may arrange for travel to the US
9) Contact your academic adviser for information about selecting and enrolling in classes
Are you already a CESL student and want information about how to apply to undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral programs at SIU? See our current CESL students page.