Find out how to transfer to SIU from a U.S. institution here.
Receiving Credit for Transfer Coursework:
SIU does not give credit for STPM coursework.
For more information please see Transfer Student Services.
Financial Awards for Transfer Students:
Minimum Requirements for Admission:
(1) Application & Fee: completed online
(2) English Language Requirements:
(3) Academic Requirements: (grade point averages are on a 4.0 scale and are calculated by SIU)
- 26 credits or more at another college/university - submit college/university transcripts showing a GPA of 2.0 or greater on ALL coursework
- 0-25 credits at another college/university - submit high school AND university/college transcripts showing
- 2.0 GPA on all coursework
- proof of graduation
Applicants should submit official test scores or high school diplomas/certificates, or proof of graduation as applicable
(4) Financial Statement within the last 6 months: (minimum requirement varies by year, current amount can be found here)
(5) NOT Required for ADMISSION: (for most undergraduate majors)
- personal essays
- recommendation letters
- ACT or SAT tests