The mission of the Center for International Education (CIE) office at Southern Illinois University (SIU) to provide for the educational, professional, social, cultural, and personal needs of international students and scholars, from pre-arrival correspondence to postgraduate concerns. CIE recognizes its responsibilities to increase international and multicultural understanding and to serve as the primary SIU advocate, liaison, and resource center for international students and scholars by:
- Providing information and instruction regarding immigration regulations.
- Recognizing outstanding scholarship through financial awards.
- Assisting smooth transitions through personal support services.
- Creating a positive environment to promote student success.
- Offering programs to showcase individual cultures.
- Serving as a campus and external community resource on international affairs.
This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant students.
See here for a table of countries represented at SIU.
SIU IN YOUR LANGUAGE
SIU Centers in China
SIU has 3 partner Universities in China. See here for more information about transfer credits and tuition costs.
All New Students
Orientation information for new students - visit admitted students. You'll find information about getting to SIU, housing, orientation, and more!
Want to study abroad? Why not!
Choose from the many options the Study Abroad Program offers.