Appointments at CIE
When do I need an appointment to visit CIE?
Please call our office at (618) 453-5774 to make an appointment with one of our staff members M-F 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. Walk-ins are typically not encouraged.
Immigration counseling is serious business! In order to guarantee that we are available to give you our undivided attention, we ask that you comply with the appointment policy stated below. CIE staff members are often at meetings out of the office, or conducting interviews with already-scheduled appointments, so walk-in service for immigration counseling is not advised.
Services requiring an appointment:
- Financial situations (Michelle & Carla)
- Change of non-immigrant status (Michelle)
- Practical training authorization (after you fill out this) (Tina)
- Immigration reinstatement to student status (Michelle & Tina)
- Short-term loans; off-campus employment permits (Michelle)
- Dependent insurance deposits and refunds (Michelle)
- All other detailed immigration issues (Michelle & Carla)
Services not requiring an appointment:
- I-20 signature for travel (plan ahead…come in at least two weeks prior to your trip)
- I-20 program extension
- Transfer to another university
- Tuition and Fee Certificates
- Student worker referral forms
- Visa verification forms
- Graduate assistant visa verification forms
- Visitor visa invitation letters
- Financial clearance
- Community Programs registration
- Undergraduate admission advisement