J-1 Exchange Visitors

Main Content

If you would like to be hosted at SIU as a J-1 Exchange Visitor under the Research Scholar, Professor, or Short-term Scholar you must be invited by an SIU Faculty member who is willing to host you through their department.

Eligibility- requirements to receive a DS-2019 which invites a foreign national to make a visa appointment at the American Consulate

Pre-Arrival at SIU- steps to take after the immigration form DS-2019 has been issued

Maintaining J-1 Status- requirements every J-1 Exchange Visitor must meet to maintain lawful immigration status in the U.S.